Are you in danger of damaging your teeth in some way? If so, you are not alone. Thousands of people are in danger of damaging their teeth each day from basic, daily habits. There are many substances that can damage your teeth, which is why it’s important to recognize what to avoid so that you can protect your oral health.
At The Dentistry Place, our dentist and team are happy to help you. We want to ensure that your smile remains healthy and happy, which is why we want to share some insights on some common things that are known to damage teeth.
Here are some common things that are known to chip or crack your teeth:
– Poor oral hygiene: If you are not brushing twice a day and flossing once a day, you could be opening your smile up to several oral health risks.
– Sports: Sports can lead to oral accidents if you are not wearing the appropriate safety gear.
– Hard foods: Hard foods can be extremely difficult to bite into, and crack or chip a tooth.
– Tooth-Staining Substances: Tooth-staining substances, such as wine and berries, can discolor your teeth.
– Lack of dental visits: Be sure to visit your dentist regularly for exams and cleanings.
– Bad habits: Bad habits, such as using tobacco or drugs, can damage your smile.
– Mouth jewelry: Mouth jewelry, including lip and tongue rings, are hazardous to your oral health.
As you can see, there are many substances or factors in daily life that can cause severe types of dental damage. If you have any damage to your teeth, or if you have questions about your oral health in Denver, Colorado, please call us today at 303-974-5533 to make an appointment with Dr. Robert Greene. Our team of experts stands ready to take your call.